Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let's Read

I've been reading a bit lately (or trying to).

Here's the books that have made their way on (and off) my nightstand.

Any Place I Hang My Hat by Susan Isaacs

The Boy Who Fell Out of the Sky by Ken Dornstein

I attempted both these books for a good 80 pages and then gave up. So, save yourself some time.

Now, I am on my 3rd book and it "feels like" a keeper, finally.

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

I think we will see this one in the movies.

*update* I finished this book in 48 hours! whew. I'm embarassed to say that I don't know much about WWII and this book definetly brought some things to light -- how many men died, how horrible POWs were treated, and of course post-tramatic stress from anyone returning from war and trying to life a normal life from then on. As an adult I think that we should know these awful, inhuman stories that built our county. So enlighten yourself and you will surely find a more grateful attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it will & should be made into a movie. I flew through Unbroken because I just couldn't put it down! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete